Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Card Excitement

maniabeatle01's photo on Photobucket





So, I get home from work today to find a package waiting in my mailbox. I run upstairs and tear into that sucker (After I catch my breath from running up 6 flights of stairs. I mean, was I trying to give myself a heart attack??).



Inside is the newest addition to my Mark Teixiera PC. This beautiful 2003 Donruss Signature Series Autograph. I got it for a real good price, so that makes me happy.



What really made me happy about this purchase was the fact I was able to make a purchase. It seems like it's been forever since I was in a position to pull the trigger on a new card for any of my collections. When your out of work, most of the chump change you have now becomes money for necessities and a sweet Derek Jeter patch doesn't exactly come before a loaf of bread.



Now, this could end tomorrow. My current place of employment is not permanent. There have been rumblings that they are going to cut employees loose, namely me this week. But for now, I am not going to stress myself out about it. Not going to worry where my next check will come from. Right now, all I am going to do is chillax, take sip of my orange juice and look at my newest addition to my collection and just be happy that I was able to buy it for myself.



The simplest things can help put things into perspective, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment