Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sweet Islanders Package From The Land Of Fuji

This has been a week where I have been laid up in bed, sneezing, coughing and all stuffed up. Feeling like garbage, generally speaking. But, I did have one nice package arrive to cheer me up and that was from everyone's favorite blogger, Fuji.

A few weeks ago, I put out a call for anyone looking to trade their Islanders cards and Fuji sent me an email asking for my address and shipped me a sweet package of Islander cards.


I love getting a nice fat package in the mail.


Here's the team bag I pulled from the package.


This card is awesome. I have my very first blogger autograph. I may start a blogger auto PC. I may also "borrow" this idea for future mailings.


I am an insert-a-holic. I love really cool looking inserts and the High Speed Travis Green insert really spoke to me. In fact, it said a few things I am not willing to repeat here and it was put in the corner for an hour to think about what it said.


Love that 95-96 Pinnacle Patrick Flatley Rink Collection card on the far left, but I think I love the 95-96 Upper Deck Electric Ice Tommy Salo on the far right even more. Somehow, any card that has a beach ball on it humors me a great deal.



I have some Yankees Topps Gold Label cards and have always been a huge fan of the brand. The Kenny Jonsson is my first Islanders Gold Label card, so that is pretty sweet. I never knew Topps made them for hockey. I wish Topps still had an NHL license tom produce hockey cards.

If that was all I had gotten from Fuji, I would have been thrilled.... Like I said, If that was all I had gotten.


Fuji threw in this Arron Asham Upper Deck MVP Materials GU Jersey card. I may be one of the few Islander fans who loved that orange third jersey the team used to wear. I have been scouring eBay for one at a decent price.


I also got a Upper Deck Ice Tim Connolly Ice Game Jersey card. I have never seen this set before, so I am thankful I can add this card to my Islanders collection.


I love the Be A Player autograph cards because it was a cheaper way to add autographs to your collection and I am thrilled to have this autograph of former Islanders Captain Patrick Flatley in my Islanders PC.


Last and certainly not least, Fuji sent me this gorgeous 2012-13 Panini Certified Rookie auto/game used jersey card of Islanders Defenseman, Calvin De Hann, numbered to 299. I was absolutely floored when I pulled this card from the package. De Hann is going to be a player in this league for a long time and I have wanted a De Hann autograph in my Islanders collection for a while now. Thanks to Fuji, I now have one.

Fuji, thank you so much for the Islanders package you sent. These are very welcome additions to my growing Islanders PC and will be in my collection for the rest of my days. I am working on a package for you as we speak and I hope to have it sent by next week.

By the way, if you haven't read the awesome blog that is The Chronicles Of Fuji, then you have got some nerve. You can check it out here: http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment