Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesdays With Teixeira: 2005 Donruss Zenith Patch Card


So, the 2014 season has started out like the 2013 season did. Teixeira winds up on the DL. Thankfully, it's not his wrist, just a hamstring issue and thankfully it's not for the whole season, just 15 days. Still, I was really hoping for a bounce back season from Tex. Not that his spring training numbers left me with a whole lot of confidence, especially when he said his wrist may never be 100% again. Sheesh.

I haven't really been picking up any game used cards as of late, with the whole rumor going around that some of the jerseys may not be game used at all. But when I saw this 3 color patch card on eBay, I knew I had to have it. It's also numbered to 100, so that made it even more appealing to me. Plus, I loved the Zenith cards. The foil can be an issue though. They peel off rather easily, so you have to handle these cards with kids gloves.

The Yankees got slaughtered at home today, 14-5. Ivan Nova was rocked early and the bullpen just couldn't stop the Orioles onslaught all day long. Hopefully, Teixeira can get back soon because the Yankees are going to need him in the middle of that lineup sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment