Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Some Bossy Love For The Sports Room

Late last week, I picked up some Mike Bossy cards off ebay for my Bossy PC (Player Collection). I haven't been able to add any new cards to the collection for sometime. I was able to pick up 3 nice new cards. I bought 1 jersey card, 1 insert and one "vintage" card. The first card arrived today.


I picked up this for about 3.00. This is a 1985-86 NHL Collectors Series card #12. This was part of a set of 25 cards that was distributed by 7-Eleven stores across Canada. This is not like a regular card. This has a glossy finish and is made of thicker stock, almost has a plastic feel to it. It's the size of a credit card, which is what I guess they were going for.


The back of the card gave you some information about the team who's card you snagged. There was a card for each team in the NHL at the time, I believe. These cards were made by Super Star Sports. I tried to find some info about Super Star Sports, but was unable to find anything.

Anytime you can add an oddball/Food card like this one for a low price, I think you should jump at it. These premium cards can be hard to find at times. Whenever I see one for a player or team I collect and it's affordable, 9 times out of 10 it will be added to my collection.

Hope the rest of the goodies arrive soon.

1 comment: