Sunday, December 23, 2012

My First Visit To Met Life Stadium


I have been a Jets fan since the 1980 season. Dispite being a Jets fan for so long, I have only been to about 4 games. 1 at Shea Stadium and the other 3 at Giants Stadium, including the final game there. So whenever I get a chance to go to a Jets game I leap at the opportnity. One of my bosses at work gave me the owner of the company's seats for today's game against the San Diego Chargers. Would have liked to have seen a win today, especially since I have yet to see a Jets home loss, but alas, today was the day that streak ended. But enough with the unpleasent stuff. On to the pictures.




The view from my seats




Holiday Greetings from the Jets


Yes, The Sexy Geek wanted to have his picture taken


Game On!




I got autographs from former Jets Tony Richardson and Ken O'Brien.


 



I love that helmet card. I'm going to see if I can find those and use them for TTM'ing.

I was also able to go home with a free Snoopy doll, which will go with the Snoopy bobbleheads I have, a banner, foam finger and t-shirt. I was also able to add a new bobblehead SGA to my collection. They give you a card and you take it to any participating P.C. Richards and you get this:


Ok, I didn't get just 1 card. I got a bunch and walked away with 3 Muhammed Wilkinson bobbleheads. Actually, 4. My buddy gave his. I'm keping one and trading the other 3. Looking for Yankee, Jets, Knicks and Islanders bobbles as well as baseball HOF'ers.

I had a great time at the game. The stadium is beautiful and I hope I can go back and see multiple games over the next few years. It's a great place to watch a football game plus the food is pretty good too. If you can get to watch a game at Met Life Stadium, I would highly reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment